Looking for Stories!
We have many Chicken Soup for the Soul® books in development and are adding new titles all of the time. We are always looking for new stories and poems and hope you have some for us to consider. Take a look at the list of our future book topics to see if you have a story or poem on a subject we are looking for and then please submit it to us.
If you have a great story or poem you want to submit but we are not collecting for that topic at this time, please save it and check back with us soon. Our list of Possible Books Topics is added to frequently and hopefully, in the near future, we will add a topic that will be a perfect fit for your story or poem.
We prefer that you submit your stories only once, but if you believe your story fits in more than one book topic, please indicate which other topics you have submitted it for in the Comments line on the submission form. You can submit your story by going to the link at the bottom of the page. Thanks!
Here Are Our Future Topics:
***SELECT YOUR TOPIC***
Running for Good - and Walking Too!
We are excited to once again be teaming up with Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathoner, on another special and exciting book not only about running but about walking as well. It is well known that steps of any kind condition the body, but they are also great for conditioning the mind, the soul, and the spirit. The title of this new book on running and walking has two meanings: running and walking are good for your health and you can run or walk to do good for someone else by raising awareness of an issue or to raise funds for a cause.
We are looking for true stories or poems of 1200 words or less, about all aspects of running and walking and stories about running, walking and steps to raise awareness of and funds for a cause. Stories can be funny and quirky, or they can be serious and heartwarming.
Here are some topics but we know you can think of many more:
• How to get up and get started
• Keeping to it
• Counting steps
• Running and walking with friends or family
• How running or walking has changed your life
• What you do while you’re running or walking – thinking, listening, seeing
• Challenges and injuries
• Running or walking when you travel for pleasure or business
• Running or walking in exotic locations
• Triathlons and ultramarathons
• Race walking
• Body image, self-confidence
• How getting up and moving – whether running or walking - changed your life
• The camaraderie
• Running or walking for a cause and to help people
• Reaching your goals
• Running or walking miracles, amazing coincidences, stories that will give us chills
• Running therapy
• Running with your dog or other pets
• Running adventures
• Family bonding or competitions using steps
• Stories about someone who inspired you
The deadline date for story and poem submissions is DECEMBER 15, 2018.
Stories about Angels
***NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE DATE - DECEMBER 31, 2018!!***
Are angels always around us? Sometimes mysterious good things happen to us, things that we cannot explain. They cause wonder and astonishment. How do these miraculous events occur? Who or what made them happen? Was it an amazing coincidence, a kind stranger who came and went so quickly that we’re startled, the answer to a prayer? Are these kind people celestial or otherworldly? Are there angels at work? Whatever the explanation, these events seem to be evidence of a higher power at work and they give us hope for a better future. They give us peace and comfort and the belief that our problems can be resolved.
We are looking for true personal stories about how an angel has touched your life – stories of true wonder and awe from people who have directly encountered or received help from angels. Amazing stories that will make people say “wow” or give our readers chills. Have you experienced something otherworldly or celestial? Or had a personal experience with an angel or divine being? How did your angel manifest himself or herself to you? How did your angel protect or guide you? Do you have a guardian angel?
This call-out is for everyone who has a story, whether they are religious or non-religious. We are looking for stories from writers of all faiths, including writers who do not follow a particular religion. This book is by and for everyone.
Please note that we are not looking for stories about people who are “angels” because they do nice things, and also please do not submit eulogies about a loved one who has died and is now an “angel.”
Here are some possible topics to help you remember your own great angel story:
• Angel visitations
• Divine protection
• Guardian angels
• Messages from an angel
• Prayers answered by an angel
• Receiving support from angels or spirits
• Angel or divine intervention
• Receiving guidance or lessons from angels
• Interactions with angels
• Receiving news or warnings from angels
• Mysterious helpers
• Unexplained healing
• Money appearing just when it’s needed
• Rescue from accidents or disasters
• Being saved from death
• Voices that spoke to you and helped you
• Divine appointment
• Love that doesn’t die
• Answered prayers
• Dreams and premonitions that involved angels
• Mysterious visitors
• Restoring faith because of an angel
If you submitted a story for a previous book title and we DID NOT publish it, please do submit it again if you think it will fit in this title. If we have already published your story in a previous book, do not submit it for this title. We will not publish it again.
The DEADLINE DATE for story and poem submissions is DECEMBER 31, 2018.
Stories about Miracles
Miracles do happen each and every day. Everyone has experienced events in their lives that cause wonder and astonishment and give them hope for a better future. Why did these things happen? Is there an explanation? Or did these things seem to happen for no reason at all?
We are looking for true stories of no more than 1,200 words for this multi-faith book that will awe you with examples of amazing events and unexplained happenings. Share your inspirational stories with us to remind us that each day holds hope and to never give up. A miracle can happen at any time.
Here are some suggested topics but we know you can think of many more:
• Everyday miracles
• Dreams and premonitions
• Miraculous healings or recoveries
• Visions and revelations
• When something, against all odds, worked out
• Unexplained happenings
• Amazing coincidences
• Near misses and astonishing luck
• Stories that make you say, “you’re not going to believe what just happened…”
• Stories that have people exclaiming “really?!!!” when they finish reading them
If you submitted a story for a previous book title and we DID NOT publish it, please submit it again if you think it will fit in this title. If we have already published your story in a previous Chicken Soup for the Soul book, please do not submit it to us again. We do not republish stories that we have already published.
The DEADLINE DATE for story and poem submissions has been extended to JUNE 30, 2019.
The Golden Years or Second Wind
So, you’re a certain age now, and you’re ready for what’s next. You might be enjoying an empty nest, or starting a second career, or winding down a first one. You might be downsizing, or traveling, or caring for elderly parents.
You might be going on the adventure of a lifetime or taking long walks in the woods. The one thing you know for sure is that you’re not ready to stop living! You feel energetic and young and there is still so much more to see and do and give and enjoy.
We are looking for stories about the humorous or serious sides of life after 60. Here are some suggested topics but we know you can think of many more:
• Time for a new career
• Trying new things
• Bucket lists and adventure
• Volunteering and mentoring
• Exercising and sports
• Sports cars!
• New love interests
• Internet dating
• The wisdom of age
• New passions
• Raising grandchildren… or still raising grown children!
• Moving to a new place
• Moving to an active retirement community
• Taking the time to do what you’ve always wanted to do
• Handling loss and illness
• Caring for elderly parents
• Using new technology
• Reinventing yourself, in big ways and small
• Handling a spouse’s retirement or new career
• Downsizing and moving
• Divorce and recovery
The DEADLINE DATE for story and poem submissions has been extended to June 30, 2019.
to Submit Your Story